Publicado: Jue Abr 15, 2010 6:31 pm
por kenubal
Anibal escribió:
Y yo vuelvo a decir que los cañones alemanes L/24 de 75mm de los panzer IV y de los Stug, son de baja velocidad, solo aptos para el apoyo a infantería, o al menos con esa misión se inventaron.
Y sumando a eso que el 65% de los carros usados por los alemanes no pasan de un mísero 20mm, nos encontramos que los carros alemanes en Francia están peor artillados que sus contrapartes enemigos

Ahora me meto contigo Anibal. De lo del cañón del Panzer IV, que habitualmente se pinta como inútil de cara a la lucha contra otros blindados y tú sigues esa línea por lo que veo, sólo queda decir que eso es un tópico para 1940 pero muy habitual, sobre todo en la literatura generalista (y en la wiki). Poco que añadir a lo que dijo Domper en ese sentido, y que se puede consultar además en el enlace que habla sobre el tema y que puse más arriba amén de muchos otras obras y enlaces.
Pero ahora me centro en esta frase tuya, porque hay que ver lo terco que eres, dicho con cariño, no te pongas borde :twisted:

Y sumando a eso que el 65% de los carros usados por los alemanes no pasan de un mísero 20mm, nos encontramos que los carros alemanes en Francia están peor artillados que sus contrapartes enemigos

¿No crees que si yo digo que los gallegos somos más altos que los murcianos, además de hablar de nuestras medidas descomunales :mrgreen: y describirlas en mm, pulgadas o pies con toda clase de detalles, tendré que hacer referencia a las medidas de los murcianos ya que al fin y al cabo me estoy comparando con ellos?. Tú sigues insistiendo en que los carros alemanes están peor artillados que sus contrapartes enemigos, pero no has dado ni un sólo argumento sobre por qué dices y sostienes eso. Sólo hablas de los cañones alemanes, pero nada de las citadas contrapartes. Yo te expliqué por qué no estoy de acuerdo y te hablé, es cierto que sucintamente, sobre los franceses y también expliqué porque me centré en ellos para la comparación, pero es que no has dado ni un sólo dato del por qué sostienes esa afirmación.

Ya que pones un enlace sobre la Batalla de Arras (de la wiki), creo también de interés este extracto del Coronel alemán Kühne acerca de los combates blinadados en Francia y que nos viene muy bien para lo que estamos hablando, o al menos a mí me lo parece, porque es lúcido y critico con su propio armamento y limitaciones, pero destacando también sus fortalezas. Lo pongo en inglés porque me lleva demasiado tiempo ponerme a traducirlo, pero también es cierto que está el traductor de Google o cualquier otro para quién tenga algún problema con el texto.
Además para el que quiera profundizar algo más este interesantísimo enlace que nos proporciona Lehman:
http://www.tarrif.net/wwii/pdf/DL%20-%2 ... mbloux.pdf

O sea, veamos un resumido y aceptable DAFO:

“The single efficient German gun against the French Renault D2 and Somua S35 tanks is the 7.5cm KwK L/24 of the Panzer IV - firing an APCBC shell - (and the 8.8cm FlaK which penetrates all the enemy armor up to 2000m). The shell (3.7cm Pzgr.) from our 3.7cm KwK/PaK L/45 are inefficient against all these tanks at standard combat range and bounce even at a very favourable impact angle. At close range our 3.7cm gun can nevertheless penetrate the lighter French tanks. Generally speaking the 3.7cm shell can penetrate the French tanks at an angle of 0° if closer than 300m. The 3.7cm AP shell did not fulfil its mission and is not adapted to warfare against modern tanks.
Direct hits with the 7.5cm HE shell have no effect against the Somua S35 or the Renault B1bis at 600 to 800m.
The 2.0cm AP shell cannot penetrate the French tanks, its single effect is on the morale. The British tanks were penetrated at all ranges by the 2.0cm AP shells, except the Matilda II heavy tank, luckily in very small number. The armor of the Matilda II resists even sometimes to our 7.5cm guns.
Huge quantities of ammunition were used during the battles against French tanks because of the lack of power of the 2.0cm and 3.7cm guns. In our brigade, all the 3.7cm and 7.5cm shells were used during a single battle on 13th May. Our unit had to wait for ammunition supply to continue to fight.
The equipment of the German turret is completely efficient and it is superior to the French one. This gives an advantage to the German tanks.
The French 47mm SA35 tank gun proved to be remarkable. This gun penetrates all the German tanks independently from the impact angle up to 600-800m and sometimes more. [Several Somua S35 and Renault B1bis destroyed German tanks at a range of 1000m !]
The French 37mm SA18 proved to be inefficient.
The French rate of fire is slower because of the conception of the French turrets.
Concerning the AT guns, the accuracy is good for the 47mm SA37, very good for the 25mm SA34/37 and excellent for the British 40mm. The front hull armor of the Panzer III has been easily penetrated by the excellent French 25mm SA34/37 gun. Trials with booty guns proved that the French 25mm AT gun is superior to the German 3.7cm PaK. This 25mm AT gun is very hard to spot because the flash is invisible (flash hider). The armor of the Panzer III and even more of the Panzer IV is insufficient.”

Y ahora un análisis, un pelín chauvinista eso sí (al fin y al cabo es francés) del general Jean Perré, comandante de la 2ª DCR en 1940:

"Concerning my 90 light tanks (Hotchkiss H39), only 33% of them had the 37mm SA38 gun, 66% had the 37mm SA18 gun, which was generally inefficient against armor thicker than 15mm. It had only an initial velocity of about 400 m/s against about 700 m/s for the 37mm SA38 gun (personal note : in this case he doesn’t take into consideration the Mle1935 and Mle1937 AP shells). My mechanized infantry battalion (BCP = Bataillon de Chasseurs Portées) had no armoured car platoon as planned and the 12 25mm AT guns of the divisional AT company were towed by unarmored tractors.
(…)
"Our equipment is generally excellent. The 40mm armor for the light tanks and 60mm armor for the B1bis tanks constitute a very efficient protection. From 3rd June to 25th June only 21 tanks were lost due to enemy fire. One of my B1bis tanks had more than 20 3.7cm hits and still worked perfectly. Even several Hotchkiss H39 remained undamaged after having been fired at by 3.7cm AT gun at less than 200 meters !
The Hotchkiss H39 armed with the 37mm SA38 gun could face efficiently all the German tanks except the heavier version of the Panzer IV. The B1bis crews engaged in tank vs tank combat preferred to use the 47mm turret gun with 360° traverse instead of the 75mm hull gun, which was located very low. The 47mm SA35 gun was at least as powerful as the 7.5cm gun of the Panzer IV in terms of penetration. The MAC31 'Reibel' MG gave entire satisfaction.”

Creo que en general son extractos interesantes, ¿no?.

Un saludo